Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Alphabet Teacher Resources!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Alphabet-Teacher-Resources-1436982http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Alphabet-Teacher-Resources-1436982http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Alphabet-Teacher-Resources-1436982

Hey Kinder Friends,
I am sure you are in your rooms and everything is going along just as you planned it. And you are not even thinking about another resource for your classroom unless you are like me. Before I shut my classroom door this summer, I took one last look around and paused at my alphabet line before I turned out the light. That alphabet line has been on my mind ever since that day. It was right up there on the top of my to do list. It is still one of the items not crossed off yet!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Alphabet-Teacher-Resources-1436982
Don't think I haven't shopped around and seen some of the cutest ABC's around. I just can't make up my mind. I can't commit and I am ashamed to say it. Maybe it is because the ABC posters were one of the first things I hung up in the classroom when I became a teacher or maybe it is because it is such a functional piece within all classrooms that makes the choice hard for me. I knew an ABC poster set from a traditional teacher store would never work for me because I want a little versatility, coordination and some options. After a little thinking I realized that I wanted a set that included both blackine and colored versions for different reasons.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Alphabet-Teacher-Resources-1436982
And when I did find one I wanted to display, would I want the posters in color or would I want them in blackline so I could print them on any color I wanted? And if I did want a color, what in the world would that color be? My mind just kept wandering... If I printed the blackline version, I could print the vowels on a different color. Or if I printed the color version, I could back the letters with colored construction paper. Every time I tried to decide on what to buy, instead I started thinking of what else I wanted the set to include. So I decided to make my own set that I could have on hand to use each year and print what I wanted just exactly how I wanted it.
Now I guess you could say I am a little closer to making up my mind. I have both color and blackline and all the resources math and coordinate. I know for sure I am printing those bla'ckline posters and making big books. I am printing the flash cards to use with games and small groups. I love how I will be able to print just as many sets as I want with a download instead of a single traditional store bought set. I know I am printing the ABC cards in color for school and blackline to send home. And I am printing books for home and take home folders too. Yes, school has started but life is just too short to live with ABC's that you don't just love. So I am giving myself a deadline to decide on color or blackline on colored paper for my big ABC posters. If you are on the fence about your ABC's why not change? Life is really too short to live with yucky ABC's! If you need more info just click on the images above!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover